- Diploma prepared: Polytech Marseille engineer, specializing in microelectronics and telecommunications.
- Average number of students in a class : 45
- Student profiles on entry* : Physics, electronics, telecommunications, optics.
- Areas of training concerned (among the 12 areas of the Polytech network): Electronics and digital systems.
- Possible courses : Initial training (FI), Continuing education (FC), Professionalization contract in final year (CP)
- Campus : Château-Gombert
This program trains engineers to analyze, design, develop and test all types of electronic systems. These systems are used in embedded electronics, connected objects, mobile communications, energy management and intelligent housing.
Mathematics, electromagnetic waves, physics, theory, electronics, electrical engineering, optics and photonics, probability and statistics, signal transmission, servo systems, component technologies.
Active linear circuits, power electronics, component physics, analog filter synthesis, telecommunications.
Digital analysis, digital circuits, structured programming - C language, digital modulations and mobile communications, discrete signals and systems, microprocessors, VHDL
English, organization and operation of companies, corporate financial management, oral and written expression.
Electromagnetic waves, random signals, component technology (clean room), physical and electrical characterization of components, physical modeling of components, physics and photonics.
Design of analog integrated circuits, telecommunications, signal processing, antennas, microwave frequencies.
Digital IC design, object-oriented programming, microprocessors, digital signal transmission, analog-to-digital converters.
- Electronic Systems for Connected Objects (SEOC): CAD for telecoms, 3G &4G mobile communications, system design, crypto-security, java embedded systems, IP networks.
- Electronic Systems for Aeronautics, Aerospace and Automotive (SE3A): Electromagnetic compatibility, analog circuit design, system design, embedded electronics, electric motorization of systems, hybrid vehicles.
- Systèmes Électroniques pour l'Environnement et le Bâtiment (SEEB): electromagnetic compatibility, crypto-security, home automation, smart grid, civil engineering concepts, IP networks.
English, quality management, sales and marketing management, project management, human relations management, personal professional project, sustainable development.
- Memory, DSP, circuit testing
- Microelectronics: Custom IC design, VLSI circuits, Analog IC CAD
- Telecommunications: RF Architecture, RF and Microwave Circuit Design, Numerical Methods in Electromagnetism, Hertzian Propagation
- Electronic Systems for Connected Objects (SEOC): IP block integration, telecommunications measurements, NFC card, Android programming, RFID, wireless systems.
- Systèmes Électroniques pour l'Aéronautique l'Aérospatial et l'Automobile (SE3A): Sensors, sigmadelta converters, constrained systems design, IP block integration, Measurements for Telecommunications.
- Systèmes Électroniques pour l'Environnement et le Bâtiment (SEEB): wireless systems, converters, displays, sensors, home automation Corporate environment English, sustainable development, project management.
Dual Master's degree in management
With a view to training dual-skilled engineers in high demand on the job market, all Polytech Marseille courses offer a dual degree program: engineering diploma + master's degree in management, in collaboration with Kedge, the Marseille business school.
Double masters in research
Open in 5th year for students interested in research careers and thesis studies: Europhotonics, Nanosciences and Nanotechonologies
Teaching staff in the program are attached to two internationally recognized research laboratories: IM2NP and Institut Fresnel. Guest lecturers from industry also contribute to the program through specialized courses and seminars. Thanks to its geographical location, the program benefits from strong links with research and industry. These links are reflected in the involvement of our teaching and research staff in :
- The Coordination Nationale de Formation en Microélectronique (network of 12 French centers), CNFM PACA
- The CIM-PACA (Centre Intégré de Microélectronique Provence-Alpes- Côte d'Azur) design and characterization platform,
- The SCS (Secured Communicating Solutions) global competitiveness cluster
- Carnot STAR Institute
Example of scientific equipment
This station assembles surface-mounted components on electronic systems. These are positioned using a remote-controlled (and sometimes video-controlled) control system.
Microelectronics and telecommunications project
Launch of a stratospheric balloon gondola (High Altitude Balloon - HAB): study of a phase meter, LoRa system, communication center with connected objects.
To make it easier for students to enter the workforce and develop their entrepreneurial spirit while providing theoretical training, Polytech Marseille offers students project-based teaching, internships and the possibility of a professionalization contract as part of their engineering curriculum.
Microelectronics and telecommunications engineers graduating from this program join all types of high-tech companies, where they perform a variety of functions in management, research and development, design, marketing or production.
They join either major global groups (STMicroelectronics, Texas Instruments, Airbus, Thalès, Gemalto, Infineon, Orange...), engineering companies or innovative SMEs and start-ups.
Examples of graduate employers
ABYLSEN I ACCENTURE I AIRBUS I AKKA TECHNOLOGIES I ALSTOM I ALTEN I ALTRAN TECHNOLOGIE I ARM I ASSYSTEM I ATOS I AUSY I AXIANS I BOMBARDIERI BOUYGUES I CEA I CELAD I CROSSCALL I EADS I ERICSSON I FREE I GROUPE SCALIAN I HUAWEI I IBM I INFINEON TECHNOLOGIES I INVIA I LUCENT I MICROCHIP TECHNOLOGY I MITSUBISHI I NAVAL GROUP I NEXESS I NOKIA I ORANGE I ORANO I PRICEWATERHOUSECOOPERS I RENAULT I SAFRAN I SCHNEIDER ELECTRIC I SERMA INGENIERIE I SFR I SII I SILKAN GROUP I SNCF I SNEF I SOCIETE GENERALE I SOFRADIR I SOPRA STERIA I STARCHIP I STMICROELECTRONICS I STUDIA I TECHNICATOME I THALES I VALEO I VEOLIA I VIVERIS I ZODIAC
Projects in partnership with companies focused on new technologies (RFID, NFC, smart cards, Android and IOS applications, home automation, photovoltaics) are carried out throughout the curriculum.
Students in our program take part in three compulsory internships, and the skills acquired are assessed by the internship supervisor and the school's teaching staff.
- 3rd year: 4- to 6-week company discovery internship, beginning in June.
- 4th year: minimum 8-week internship in a company or laboratory, starting in June.
- 5th year: minimum 5-month industrial internship starting in March. Possibility of a professionalization contract in final year
The majority of our students carry out their internships in SMEs, VSEs and start-ups, and the remainder in large companies, research laboratories and local authorities.
Our engineering students have the opportunity to complete their final year of the engineering cycle under a work-study contract with the following work-study schedule:
September to January: Monday-Tuesday-Wednesday at school, Thursday-Friday in the company
January to April: Monday-Tuesday at school, Wednesday-Thursday-Friday on the job
From April: full-time at the company
Since the class of 2022, international mobility has been a requirement for the Polytech Marseille engineering diploma. It must be 12 weeks "cumulative post-baccalaureate", with a minimum of 4 consecutive weeks. The mobility options provided for in Polytech Marseille's study regulations are as follows:
- Study semester abroad
- Foreign students who have completed part of their studies in their home country.
- Gap year
Study semesters abroad
Semesters abroad, mainly in 4A and 5A (Semesters 7, 8 and mainly 9 and/or 10), are encouraged by a series of bilateral agreements (ERASMUS, Hors Europe, CIVIS, BRAFITEC, etc.) linking the University, the School and our program with other foreign universities (Japan, Canada, Taiwan, South Korea, USA, Argentina, Brazil, Mexico, Chile, Belgium, Italy, Sweden, Germany, Spain, etc.). In the "Mechanics and Energy" department, our preferred partner universities include :
- Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (Germany)
- Université de Sherbrooke (Canada)
- Université du Québec à Montréal (UQAM) (Canada)
- University of Toronto (Canada)
- Université du Québec à Chicoutimi (Canada)
- Instituto Tecnologico de Queretaro (ITQ) (Mexico)
- Universidad Tecnica Federico Santa Maria (USM) (Chile)
- Università di Bologna (Italy)
- Sapienza Università di Roma (Italy)
- Korea University (South Korea)
- Universidad de Oviedo (Spain)
- Université Libre de Bruxelles (Belgium)
- University College Dublin (Ireland)
Internships, particularly in 3A and 4A, are also carried out in foreign companies or research laboratories (Morocco, Tunisia, Algeria, Great Britain, China, Chile, Colombia, Germany, Taiwan, Australia, Ecuador, USA, Belgium, Turkey, Ivory Coast, Andorra, Togo, Switzerland, Lebanon).