The laboratories associated with Polytech Marseille are affiliated with several major public scientific and technological establishments (EPST): CNRS, INSERM, INRAe and IRD. Evaluated according to national rules, they are all recognized for the quality of their research.
As a result, our engineering students are well-trained to meet the competitive needs of companies, and to provide the technical solutions that will drive tomorrow's innovations.
With 125 teaching and research staff in 18 laboratories, Polytech Marseille boasts a wealth of scientific expertise.
Materials, Nanosciences & Microelectronics
Engineering, Instrumentation & Systems
Health & Life Sciences
- AFMB: Architecture and Function of Biological Macromolecules team (CNRS/AMU)
- BBF: Fungal Biodiversity and Biotechnology Laboratory (INRA/AMU)
- BIP: Bioenergetics and Protein Engineering (CNRS/AMU)
- EPV: Emergence des Pathologies Virales (CNRS/AMU)
- LCB: Laboratoire de Chimie Bactérienne (CNRS/AMU)
- MIO: Mediterranean Institute of Oceanology (CNRS/IRD/AMU/Univ. Toulon)
- TAGC: Advanced Technologies for Genomics and the Clinic (INSERM/AMU)
Information and Communication Technologies & Digital Technologies
- I2M: Institut de Mathématiques de Marseille (CNRS/AMU)
- LIS : Computer Science & Systems Laboratory (CNRS/AMU/Université de Toulon)
- CRET-LOG: University research laboratory in management sciences specialized in logistics and supply chain management (AMU)
- IFSTTAR: Institut Français des Sciences et Technologies des Transports de l'Aménagement et des Réseaux (French Institute for Transport, Planning and Networks Science and Technology)
Partners in regional innovation
Polytech Marseille, through its affiliated laboratories, is a partner in major innovation projects linking research, training and business. It is also involved in regional and international competitiveness clusters.
It is a member of six competitive clusters that call on the expertise of its teaching and research staff:
- Global Secure Communicating Systems cluster
- Eurobiomed healthcare cluster
- Capénergies cluster
- Risk management and territorial vulnerability cluster
- Pôle Mer, security/safety and sustainable development
- Pégase cluster, aeronautics and space
The school is also a stakeholder in the SATT PACA-Corse technology transfer company , which promotes dynamic public research in the region.