Students with a Bac STI2D or STL are recruited via the competitive entrance examination Geipi Polytech STI2D-STL which gives access to 12 public engineering schools with a preparatory cycle. Please note: foreign Baccalaureate holders in a school NOT accredited by the AEFE (to be checked on the AEFE website), are not eligible for the Geipi Polytech STI2D-STL competition.
- Registration takes place on the ParcourSup platform between January 18 and March 8, 2023.
- The registration fee is €60 (free for previous year's scholarship holders - non-refundable competition registration fee).
- Formulation of wishes: 10 wishes are possible for the candidate including the Geipi-Polytech competition, the Geipi-Polytech wish gives the possibility to apply for the 12 public engineering schools.
- Candidates with the best applications will be invited to a motivational interview: between the end of April and the beginning of May 2023.
- At Polytech Marseille, 22 places are available for the STI2D competitive entrance exam and 2 places for the STL competitive entrance exam.
The preparatory curriculum
The program is offered in partnership with the IUT de Marseille for the departments of Electrical Engineering and Industrial Computing (GEII), Networks and Telecommunications (R&T), Energy Transition and Efficiency (MT2E), Physical Measurement (MP) and Chemistry. The courses will take place at the IUT, with additional training enabling students to enter the school after three years of study, if they are successful. Some modules will be taught on the Polytech Marseille premises (Site St Jérôme).
Post-preparatory course orientation
At the end of the 3-year course, students in the preparatory program will express their wish to continue their studies in one of the engineering programs open to the BUT followed (list). Five of the eight Polytech Marseille programs are open to STI2D or STL baccalaureate students from the preparatory program: Biomedical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Computer Science, Materials, Mechanics and Energy, Microelectronics and Telecommunications.