Les Rencontres du Biomédical, an event organized by 2nd-year engineering students in Polytech Marseille's Biomedical Engineering program, is held in collaboration with the Proving Forum association. This recruitment forum takes place on the Luminy campus. It's an opportunity for engineering students to exchange ideas with professionals in the biomedical field, and to discover innovations and careers in the biomedical sector.
The target for this event is 100-150 students:
- Polytech-Marseille's 100-120 Biomedical Engineering students, as well as students from other departments.
- guest engineering students from Polytech Lyon and UTC.
- All invited students, graduates in the biomedical field from Aix-Marseille Université: Master 2 Bio-Ingénierie des Tissus et des Implants, Licence Pro de Maintenance Biomédicale, etc.
Since its first edition, Les Rencontres du Biomédical has brought together around a hundred alumni (from the class of 1997 to the present day) and numerous biomedical companies and associations: Abbott, AFIB, ALTHEA Group, ANAPIX Medical, Association Grand Luminy, Biosense Webster - Johnson & Johnson, Boston Scientific, Codeo Medical, CTM, Dedalus, EMA, Enovacom, e-santé Occitanie, Eura Nova, EUROS, ExactCure, Exolis, Expresspoly, FDE, Feeder, GC Aesthetics, GE Healthcare, Hippy Medtec Systems, Humatem, Ideal Medical Projects, INPACK Lab, Microport, Mindray, NPE, Philips, Physio Extrem, Pôle Eurobiomed, Pytheas Navigation, Quantificare, Sartorius, Siemens Healthineers, Softway Medical, STANLEY Healthcare, Techmed, Volta Medical ...
The 13th edition of this event will take place on October 14.
On the stands
- Biomedical companies and start-ups: Abbott, ALTHEA Group, Boston Scientific, Codeo Medical, Dedalus, EMA, Enovacom, EUROS, Expresspoly, GCAesthetics, GN Hearing, Humatem, INPACK Lab, Philips, Physio-Extrem, Pytheas Navigation, Quantificare, Sartorius, Softway Medical, Volta Medical, ... Participants will discover innovations in biomedical technologies, each company's professions and opportunities for internships, professionalization contracts and jobs .
- Associations : Association Française des Ingénieurs Biomédicaux (AFIB), Association Grand Luminy (AGL), Pôle de Compétitivité EUROBIOMED
- Training courses: IAE, Kedge. Participants will be able to find out about the possibilities of continuing their studies after the engineering diploma towards a Management profile.
These give the hundred or so student engineers in the Biomedical Engineering program the opportunity to meet and talk in small groups (6-8) with professionals from each of the Biomedical professions: Application Engineers, Regulatory and Quality Affairs, Sales Engineers, Management Engineers, Biomedical Engineers in hospitals, Research and Development in companies, PhDs in research laboratories.
For the student-engineers on the Organization Team, it's a great opportunity to develop the skills of responsibility, communication, adaptability, management of constraints and the unexpected... The team worked hard to ensure that all participants (alumni, industrialists, student-engineers, hospital biomedical engineers) were welcomed in the best possible conditions on this day. Click on the image below to see the composition of the team.